Grammar School Teacher • • Special Education Teacher • • Upper School Math Teacher • • Grammar School Teacher’s Aide
STATEMENT OF MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING :Colquitt Christian Academy is a privately funded, classical Christian school. We use traditional models of education to shape students to become lifelong learners; in addition to this, we strive to educate our students in the classical model of the Trivium (grammar, logic, and rhetoric). The following is the foundation of beliefs on which Colquitt Christian Academy is based. They are also the key elements of the Christian faith that will be unapologetically taught in various ways through all grade levels. The substance of these statements is that which will be considered primary doctrine in Colquitt 3 Christian Academy. Secondary or divisive doctrines and issues will not be presented as primary doctrine. When these types of doctrine or issues arise, they will be referred to the family and local churches for final authority. While we do not require parents to be professing believers in Jesus Christ, we do require parents to understand that students will be learning these Biblical truths both in and out of class. We expect families, regardless of background, to respect these beliefs at home and at school. (1) We believe the Bible alone to be the Word of God written, the ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice. (2) We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. (3) We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (4) We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. (5) We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone. (6) We believe that faith without works is dead. (7) We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation. (8) We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. FACULTY COMMITMENTSAt Colquitt Christian Academy we believe we are here to serve the parents in their responsibility given by God in Ephesians 6:1-4. We seek to teach and discipline our students in a manner consistent with the Bible and a godly home environment. At Colquitt Christian Academy, we believe a Christ-centered education includes not only a Christian environment where students are to be instructed with academic excellence, but an education that places Christ at the “center of all learning.”
1. Please read over Colquitt Christian Academy’s Statements of Mutual Understanding and Doctrinal Statement. Do you understand these statements, and do you unreservedly subscribe to them?
2. Describe briefly how you came to faith in Jesus Christ and describe your daily Christian walk. (required)
3. How does your Christianity affect the way you go about teaching? (required)
4. What books have you read in the past year? Which has influenced you the most and why? (required)
5. Who have been the most influential people in your life? (required)
6. How would you describe good teaching and learning? (required)
7. What part does discipline play in your classroom and what discipline techniques would you use in the classroom? (required)
8. What is the purpose of Christian education, and why would you like to teach at Colquitt Christian Academy? (required)
9. Express your knowledge of classical education and discuss why you are interested in teaching at a classical school. (required)
1. How would you describe students in the 6th – 8th grade?
2. What methods would you use to particularly reach students of this age?
1. How would you describe students in the 9th – 12th grade?
2. What method would you use to particularly reach students of this age?
Applicant Observation After the first interview, applicants will be scheduled to substitute for a day/class or present a lesson of some form in a classroom setting. APPLICANT’S AUTHORIZATION STATEMENT (Please indicate that you have read and understand each paragraph of the Applicant’s Authorization Statement by placing your initials beside each paragraph. (If you have any questions regarding this statement, please ask before signing.) Please Check All to Proceed. Failure to do so will void your application.