Vision & Beliefs
Statement of Faith for Colquitt Christian Academy
The following is the foundation of beliefs on which Colquitt Christian Academy is based. They are also the key elements of the Christian Faith that will be unapologetically taught in various ways throughout all grade levels. The substance of these statements is that which will be considered primary doctrine in Colquitt Christian Academy. Secondary or divisive doctrines and issues will not be presented as primary doctrine. When these types of doctrines or issues arise, they will be referred to the family and local churches for final authority.
While we do not require parents to be professing believers in Jesus Christ, we do require parents to understand that students will be learning these Biblical truths both in and out of class. We expect families, regardless of background, to respect these beliefs at home and at school.
* We believe the Bible alone to be the Word of God written, the ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice.
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
* We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in his personal return in power and glory.
* We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
* We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone.
* We believe that faith without works is dead.
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
* We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Vision of Colquitt Christian Academy is to develop the whole child by providing a Christ-centered education, instilling a passion for wisdom and truth.